Transfagarasan Road Trip
Price: 150 EUR / person
Duration: 2 days
Why choose this: Amazing landscapes, Transylvanian region, one saxon city, one of the most beautiful monasteries in Romania, all these in just 2 days. Take this guided tour in Transylvania if your stay in Romania is short.
The offer includes: Transportation by air conditioned car or van + English Speaking Guide + 1 night at Sibiel + Entrance at Badea Cartan Museum .
The experience includes:
- Airport - Hotel - Airport Transfer ;
- Hotel pick-up & drop-off;
- Transportation by air conditioned modern car or minivan;
- English (or any other available language ) Speaking Guide;
- Half-Board Meals, water included @ Traditional Restaurants (or on request);
- Accommodation for 1 night at Sibiel Premium Guesthouse (breakfast included);
- A traditional romanian drink (palinca) to entertain the evening (made by plums);
- Visit of Badea Cartan Museum in Cartisoara;
- City tax.
- Meals and personal expenses, drinks;
- Entrance fees at museums - optional
Day 1. Departure Hotel Bucharest - Curtea de Arges - Poenari - Vidraru Lake - Transfagarasan - Balea Lake - Sibiel;
At Curtea de Arges Monastery are located the tombs of the first two romanian Royal couples: King Carol I with Queen Elisabeth and King Ferdinand with Queen Mary. Curtea the Arges town was the second Wallachian capital, important cultural and religious spot between 14th – 16th century. The style of the monastic architecure is unique, as the legend of the place itself. Did hear about the legend of the mason Manole, who inmured his pregnant wife in the walls of the church? Choose this tour and you will find the legend behind.
Poenari Castle is the real Dracula spot which Vlad the Impaler created in order to hide or retreat in case of attack against the turks. The legend says that Vlad the Impaler, known as Dracula, obliged the wifes of the boyards who betrayed his father and killed him, to construct a fortress for defense. This is a very impressive spot for panoramic photos with Valea Argesului and spectacular mountains.
Transfagaras road has been voted to be in Top 10 most spectacular roads from the world. If you heared about Top Gear show, just find out that the guys came with their luxurious cars to test the road and remained dumbfounded. The pictures speak from themselves.
Once arrived on the top of the road, we will be in the Transylvanian region. Enjoy typical local plates: Polenta with cheese and sausage, smoked ham or Kurtos Kolacs. After the visit of Balea Lake, we continue the road to Sibiu and Sibiel. Overnight in Sibiel (discover here the picturesque Sibiel)
Day 2. Sibiu - Olt Valley - Cozia Monastery - Hurezi - Bucharest
Sibiu was Europe’s Capital of Culture in 2007 due to the important role that this city has in Romania: it preserves an enormous german heritage, including Bruckental Museum, The Liars bridge, the Bell Tower, The Central Market and many other spotlights.
Hurezi Monastery is included in The Unesco Heritage for its unique style of architecture and cultural centre, as for the Ceramic that is produced in the town.
*Important note: Transfagarasan Road is opened between 1 july and 1 september because of the snow and roadworks.
- For 2 persons: 190 EUR / person
- For 4 persons: 170 EUR/ person
- For 6 persons: 150 EUR/ person
- For 8 persons: Send us an email for a personalized offer: firstname.lastname@example.org
- * The price is per person in fouble room. Supplement for single room: 35EUR
Amazing landscapes, Transylvanian region, one saxon city, one of the most beautiful monasteries in Romania, all these in just 2 days. Take this guided tour in Transylvania if your stay in Romania is short.